DOB: December 7 (Pearl Harbor Day :()
Contact information: fatsoko[AT]msn.com
Online aliases: fatsoko
Forums most frequented: soompi, winglin, wa, ficaholics
Completed fics: The Tiger, SANG.MIN, a bunch of one-shots
Current fics: Whispers in the Dark, Decapitation of the Wind and an untitled story about icari that can’t fly.
Additional information: In regards to fandom, I love DBSK and Supernatural and accept that both fandoms are a bit kooky. I’ve come around and really felt a pull towards JE lately. Domoto Tsuyoshi! I get why Sho loves you now! … I’m not a very confident person, have severe stage fright and am horrible at explaining things to another person, but when I write, I feel like it’s where I belong. I also love cosplaying. It’s such an underrated, beautiful form of expression.
– FAVORITE FICS: December Rain by Aramis, Sun Shower by Veneer, Powerless by starforme, Purple Chimera by faithless and Ethereal Pastels, Quintessential Tones by Katrina
– FAVORITE WRITERS I don’t know if I have a top 5.
– MUST READS OF YOUR TIME: [**most active years were 2006-2009] My Ping Pong Boy by Moe, The Summer House by Moe, The Death of Men by Aramis, Paper Airplanes by anika, Love Song by dearskye
– GUILTY PLEASURES: Reading crack stories. I’m all for the angst and the drama but when I get a hold of a good crack story with tons of inside jokes, I’m hooked. For example, before I knew it, I was hooked on Let’s Switch Our Maknaes by hyunnie101. The characters were spot on. I wiped a tear at the end.
– LINE/SCENE FROM A FIC & why: QVXT Prologue – I would have to go with this scene from QVXT: The Boyband of North Korea by Yukita. It has one of the best prologues I’ve read. It set the mood for the story and it was just mesmerizing. That prologue paired with the title just made me want to know more. Check it out.
– CHARACTER(S): TaeSung from A Wolf’s Attraction by Guiyeoni. I think that was my first fic crush. He was so happy-go-lucky. In the fic, TaeSung was someone that was always there. But he was overlooked despite his loud character. I think that’s what made me love him. I wasn’t a fan of the forbidden love theme but the heart of TaeSung really spoke to me. I loved Kang DongWon as TaeSung. Even though the movie shredded the story and TS’s character was downplayed a lot, KDW brought TS’s vulnerability to the screen. Gahh. Damn you KDW for being so good to me.
– COUPLE: Hands down Meilin and Sakito from faithless’s Purple Chimera. The chemistry is sick beautiful.
– MOMENT IN FIC HISTORY: Personally, the biggest fic moment happened to me when I figured out what a fanfic was. To be honest, I knew nothing about kpop. My friend recommended a story so I read it. I had no clue that Minwoo, Junjin, Hyesung or Kangta’s characters were based off of real people. Now that I think about it, I don’t think I realized that they were actual people until DBSK fanfic started coming out. lol
I WISH I COULD HAVE COME UP WITH…
– THIS TITLE: Nobody Reads My Fanfic [Don’t They Know Who I Am?] by Yodya
– THIS LINE: Random recollections of a self-loathing heart. (tagline for We Were Funny by i.nvalidc.reditc.ard)
teukfine/Julie!!! I know that it’s probably been a loooong time since you last wrote, but I loved your stories. It was so fresh and spunky, something that I envy. I remember how we both started writing at Greenheck. You did Dear Nam Gyu Ri while I laughed over how silly the beginning of Oppa was. It seems so long ago. And Thor. You have the desire to write so don’t be so afraid of yourself. Let the doubt guide you but don’t let it ever stop you from realizing your own talent.